These Terms of Service, including any future modifications (collectively the "Terms of Service" or "Agreement") govern your use of the CompareIP service and is a legal contract between you and us.
By registering with the CompareIP service as a User you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to future amendments to these Terms of Service, you can terminate your subscription and stop using the CompareIP service.
- Patent Annuity Costs Limited, providers of the CompareIP service
- ′CompareIP service′
- Online services provided via www.CompareIP.com
- Providers of renewal payment services able to provide Quotes to Clients and Firms
- IP owners who have registered with the CompareIP service in order to obtain Quotes from Suppliers
- Clients and Suppliers who use the CompareIP service
- Indicative pricing provided by a Supplier based on information provided
The purpose, principal functions and permitted use of CompareIP
The CompareIP service is a secure online venue through which IP owners or their representatives may seek, receive and download quotations for renewal of their registered IP rights.
Clients upload IP renewals data; select Suppliers and send Quote requests; receive, review and download Quotes received. Suppliers receive Quote requests and either decline or respond to each request with a Quote.
Rights and privileges of Clients and Suppliers are governed and administered by the CompareIP service and by these Terms of Service. Users must self-organise within the scope of the functionality afforded by the CompareIP service and these Terms of Service. The CompareIP service may only be used for purposes allowed by Law and Users will be accountable to relevant National and International jurisdictions for the content they publish and the actions they take, coordinate, encourage or allow using the CompareIP service.
Clients who are IP owners may, at the discretion of PACL, use the CompareIP service free of charge. Suppliers must pay an annual fee determined by PACL. Suppliers much also pay a fee for each Quote request to which they respond on the basis of a schedule of charges set by PACL. If Suppliers do not pay charges due then their use of the CompareIP service may be terminated or suspended at the discretion of PACL.
The role and responsibilities of PACL in the provision of the CompareIP service
PACL is responsible for ensuring the security and continuing provision of the CompareIP service for the benefit of Users.
PACL has the power to:
- delete Users
- control User rights and privileges
- manage any subscription charges and payments by Users
- amend and add to the functionality and appearance of the CompareIP service
- allow the creation and use of third party applications
The roles and responsibilities of Users
Every prospective User must first register with the CompareIP service providing a username and password which must be kept secure and confidential to the User.
Roles of Users
Responsibilities of Users
All Users must self-organise and administer their use of the CompareIP service according to these Terms of Service and standards of conduct prescribed by Law and/or relevant professional regulations.
All Users are responsible for the content they publish and any infringement of the rights of third parties in relation to such content.
All Users are responsible for the security of their usernames and passwords as well as the security their chosen means and place of access to the CompareIP service.
Clients must keep confidential and not disclose to third parties (including persons outside their organization or, in the case of professional representatives, to anyone other than the client on whose behalf a Quote was obtained) Quotes received from Suppliers or any information contained in such Quotes related to fees and charges of Suppliers.
Abuse of the CompareIP service and sanctionsYou will be abusing the CompareIP service if you:
- rent, lease, loan, or sell access to the CompareIP service;
- decompile or reverse engineer or attempt to access the source code of the software underlying the CompareIP service (the ′PACL Technology′);
- copy, archive, store, reproduce, rearrange, modify, adapt, download, upload, create derivate works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, redistribute or disseminate any PACL Technology;
- access the CompareIP service to build a product using similar ideas, features, functions, interface or graphics of the CompareIP service;
- access (or attempt to access) any service on the CompareIP service by any means other than as permitted in these Terms of Service;
- access the CompareIP service to upload anything to or otherwise cause a breach of security to or interfere with the CompareIP service or to prevent others from using the CompareIP service;
- solicit login information or access an account belonging to another User without authority;
- use the CompareIP service to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- facilitate or encourage abuse of the CompareIP service by others
Sanctions for abuse of the CompareIP servicePACL reserves the right in its absolute discretion to:
- remove your right to use the CompareIP service (refunding any subscription paid pro rata)
- pass on third party User reports of your conduct to the appropriate authorities
- initiate proceedings against you seeking injunctive relief and damages in respect of any abuse that has caused or threatens to cause damage to the CompareIP service or to PACL.
Disputes and Indemnity
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or PACL exclusively in the Courts of England. English law will govern these Terms of Service, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the English Courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to content you have published or actions coordinated using the CompareIP service you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Payment for services
Clients who are IP owners may, at the discretion of PACL, use the CompareIP service free of charge. Suppliers must pay an annual fee determined by PACL. Suppliers much also pay a fee for each Quote request to which they respond on the basis of a schedule of charges set by PACL. Payment must be made to PACL (who will invoice and collect payment for use of CompareIP) or such other payment methods as may from time to time be provided for by the CompareIP service. If Suppliers do not pay charges due, then their use of the CompareIP service may be terminated or suspended at the discretion of PACL.
Exclusion of liability for loss
To the extent permitted by applicable laws, no liability is accepted for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or loss of use, data, business opportunity or profits, whether in an action in contract, negligence or other claim, however resulting from the access to and use of this website and the information and materials contained on it (but for the avoidance of doubt this clause does not exclude liability for death or personal injury).
YOUR USE OF THE COMPAREIP SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK. THE COMPAREIP SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PACL AND ITS SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, PARTNERS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE COMPAREIP SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE COMPAREIP SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE COMPAREIP SERVICE AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE COMPAREIP SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PACL OR ITS SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSEES, PARTNERS OR AGENTS, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE COMPAREIP SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Amendments to these Terms of Service
We may amend, modify, change, add or remove portions of this Agreement at any time without notice to you by posting a revised version on www.CompareIP.com. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. Please check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of the CompareIP service after posting of the changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. We last modified this Agreement on the date stated above. However, if the revised version includes a material change, it will be effective for an existing User on the earlier of (a) the date you accept it, and (b) 30 days after the material changes are initially posted to www.CompareIP.com. The revised version will apply to you immediately if you are a User who registers or first uses the CompareIP service on or after the posting of the revised version.
Data Protection and Privacy
No personal information entered by a User in the course of registration is disclosed by PACL to third parties as a matter of policy. No personal information collected in the course of the payment process is used by PACL a matter of policy unless required for the purposes of dealing with payments that have been dishonoured or made fraudulently. Users themselves are responsible for keeping confidential such personal information as is made available to them by other Users in the course of their use of the CompareIP service.
Headings do not form part of these terms and conditions and will not affect their interpretation.
Ownership of trademarks and other IP rights on the CompareIP service
The trademarks, logos, names and images displayed on this website are the registered or unregistered trademarks of PACL and others. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, nothing in this website confers any licence or right to use any trade mark displayed on this website without the prior written approval of PACL or such third-party owner of the relevant trade mark.
These terms are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If any of the terms is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Registered Name: Patent Annuity Costs Limited
- Registered Office: The Barn Office, Longcombe Valley Farm, Totnes, Devon TQ9 6PP
- Registered in England No: 9323266