Patent Annuity Costs Limited operates the service at https://compareip.com subject to the Terms of Service (the ′Service′).
Information Collection and Use
When registering to use our Service, in the subsequent verification process and in the course of providing the Service we will require you to provide us with certain personal information. The information that we collect will be used only to contact or identify you.
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Contact Details – name; email address; organisation name; role or title; and phone number.
- Account Details – username and password.
- Location Details - physical address and time zone.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business, including use of the live chat service provided on our website;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling and supporting your use of the Service;
- sending you non-marketing commercial email communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Service;
- keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
- verifying compliance with the Terms of Service governing the use of our website;
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for such purposes.
The ′lawful processing′ grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
- when a user has given consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Security of Your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information;
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers;
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential;
- You have the right to access your data, rectify any incorrect data, or request your data deleted by emailing email@example.com